Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Game Session of Guild Wars 2

Morning guys, it's a beautiful morning here. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 using PlayOnLinux.

I'm loving the new WvW map, Edge of the Mists. The map is so rich in strategies for GW2 guilds, yesterday I had to stay in alert because 2 walls in the keep were down, so any Borderland enemy could just march in and wipe us out. We of course resisted and held our position as long as we could.

Two things I've noticed while running Guild Wars 2 is that you have to lower the people you see in the game when it comes to large zergs. It's not much about the people you see, but all the different outfits and textures the games has to load, it kills your framerate really fast. I had to change my settings of Character Limit to Lowest because at the moment WINE couldn't provide me with a better experience.

Now, I'm not going to point fingers because I'm running a game in an unsupported OS. Plus, come on, WINE team and contributors have done an INCREDIBLE job. PlayOnLinux has also done a great job, but I wish the interface was better.

Going back to GW2, I left a few months ago. I think Guild Wars 2 community is really toxic, especially when it comes to World vs World where a lot of WvW veterans don't tolerate new players. Some players have suggested to just turn off the chat, that's the part that got me curious. Is it THAT bad that newcomers have to turn off the chat? Is Guild Wars 2 turning into the new League of Legends?

Now, I don't want to start a war between two games. After playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and comparing it to Guild Wars 2, hands down FFXIV community wins, no questions asked. You don't know a high level dungeon? No worries, they'll teach you. Need help for whatever mundane task you can't complete? Someone will message you privately to help you. Attitude in the game? It's pretty awesome. You don't have a guy telling you "use the /wiki command" or "WHO'S THE TROLL KILLING THE ZERG TRAIN". (I personally hate zerg train the most, it's at best one hell of an offender to newcomers who just want to play the content like they want)

Anyway, that's it for today, see you around.






















No comments:

Post a Comment